If you've activated the SMS & Inbound Calling addon, you can text leads both manually and automatically in LeadSimple. We'll talk about both of these ways in this article.
Note: In order to text, you must have an agent number provisioned and assigned to you. Each user who will be using this addon needs their own provisioned number. Learn how to do that here. 3 numbers are included with the addon, but you can purchase extra as necessary.
1. Send SMS Manually
Navigate to your lead list and click on a lead in the list. Click the button labeled "SMS" in the action bar. This will open a window where you can compose your text message.
NOTE: You must have an agent number assigned to you to send text messages.
- Text From: The agent number you want to send from (there will only be one option if you have only one agent number assigned to you).
- Text To: The lead's mobile number you want to text. NOTE: You won't be able to send a text to the lead if they don't have a mobile number.
- Message: The content of your text message.
Compose your message and click "Send". The text will be sent to the lead immediately and will appear in the activity feed.
This message will be tracked in the activity section of the lead record just like emails and outbound calls are.
1.2 Send SMS Manually with Template
To save time you can write SMS templates for common text messages and then send them manually using virtually the same steps above.
To Create a Template
Click the settings icon in the upper right corner. The SMS Templates page will then be in the sidebar on the left.
Click "Create Template", give it a name, fill out the message, and hit Save. The template will appear on the SMS Templates page.
To edit a template, just click on it, edit as needed, then save.
To Use a Template
- Click "Send SMS" on a lead's record
- Click the "Use Template" button, and select a template. This will insert the template into the editor. Click "Send" and you're done.
- (Like email templates SMS templates can contain merge tags with personal information about the lead like their name or property address.)
2. Send SMS Automatically with Template
You can send text messages automatically by adding them to workflows.
You'll first need to create an SMS template as described above.
Now, go to the workflow of one of your stages and click the blue SMS step to add a text message to the workflow.
Next, attach your new sms template to it.
Set the task to "Auto".
Last, assign this task to a user who has an inbound number assigned to them since text messages can only come from users with inbound phone numbers.
2.2 Receiving Text Messages
When a lead sends a text message to an inbound phone number, the user assigned to that number will receive an email with the content of the text message. The name of the lead will be listed as the sender.
Users can respond to that text either on the lead's page in LeadSimple or, you can reply to it directly from your email inbox.