If you've activated the SMS and Inbound Call Tracking addon, you'll need to provision a phone number to start using the feature. LeadSimple gives you the option to provision 2 types of numbers.
- Agent Numbers: assigned to 1 user, route calls and texts to that user, can send texts and make outbound calls.
- Marketing Numbers: are linked to a particular lead source, route inbound calls to multiple users, cannot be used for outbound calls or text messaging.
We'll learn about provisioning a Marketing Number in this article.
1. Click "Provision Phone Number"
2. Select "Marketing Number" by clicking the button below the description, then click "Next".
3. Search for a number by area code and select a number. You'll want a number that's local to your business.
4. Select the lead type new leads should be created in (for inbound calls from new leads), choose the lead source to link the number to (e.g. your website if the number is listed there), and assign it to all the agents you would like calls to be routed to.
5. Click "Provision Number" to start using your number.
Now leads will be able to call this number and those calls will be routed to all the agents assigned to the number. Each agent will get the call at the same time and the first person to pick up will claim the call and the lead.