In this article, we'll walk through troubleshooting steps for why you aren't getting notified about new leads that are automatically importing through a websource. We'll also walk through reasons calls to your LeadSimple numbers aren't working.
Click on the section you're here to read and you'll be dropped to that portion of the article!
Why Am I Not Getting Call Notifications for New Leads?
If you did not receive a call notification for a new lead and you think you should have, check these things in the order listed to troubleshoot:
Check which plan you are on to see whether this feature is included on your plan (Settings > Billing). (It is included in our Growth and Operations plans, but not on Basic.)
Go to the Notifications & Routing page (Settings > Pipeline Settings > Notifications & Routing) and ensure that the call notification is activated for you.
3. Check to see whether the phone number in your profile is marked as notifiable. While you're there, make sure the number is correct too! (You might be surprised how easy it is to accidentally put in the wrong number!)
4. Make sure the lead you weren't notified for was actually imported into the system.
5. Make sure the lead you weren't notified for has a phone number. If the lead doesn't, there's no way to connect with them via phone so LeadSimple will not send you a call notification.
6. Make sure the lead is not a duplicate of another lead. If the same contact information is used on every lead that imports, they will be marked as duplicates and call/text notifications will not be sent out. (This is a precaution to prevent duplicate follow-up to the same user.)
7. Make sure the lead you did not get notified for did not come in outside of your call hours.
Once you've gone through the above steps, send yourself a test lead from the notifications and routing page.
Make Sure No Third-Party Apps are Blocking LeadSimple's Phone Number
Check to make sure no third-party apps are blocking LeadSimple's phone number: 833-973-1545. Some users have reported apps like YouMail preventing them from making outbound calls or receiving inbound calls.
If you are receiving voicemails but not the actual call, try the following steps in order:
Request that your cell carrier lengthen the amount of time your phone rings before going to voicemail using these instructions.
Setup a call forwarding number (i.e. Google Voice, etc.) and use that number on your LeadSimple profile and have it forward directly to your cellphone.
Purchase a cell signal booster to address any potential deadzone in your workplace or home.
(Please note LeadSimple isn't able to assist with cell connectivity issues or carrier issues.)
If you tried all these steps and still aren't getting the phone notification, let us know using the chatbox in the corner or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it!
Why Aren't Inbound Calls to my LeadSimple Number Working?
1. Be sure you're assigned to the LeadSimple number the lead called in the "Routes To" column. You can update who's assigned to a number (you can also change an agent number to a shared number so multiple people can be assigned to it).
2. Check to see whether the phone number in your profile is marked as notifiable. While you're there, make sure the number is correct too! (You might be surprised how easy it is to accidentally put in the wrong number!)
3. Check if you have a customized greeting set up on the LeadSimple number by clicking on the three dots to the right, then "customize voicemail."
Look at the "Initial Greeting" default recording and see if it says "Reset." If it says that, then you have a custom greeting set up. If it says "Customize" like in this screenshot, you don't have a greeting set up.
If you do have a custom greeting set up, click the the three dots and download the file to try playing it back on your Mac or PC.
If your computer can't play the file, it's corrupted and you'll need to either convert the file using an online tool or record a new greeting and re-upload it. A corrupted file will cause the inbound calls to fail.
If you try all these steps and the inbound calls to your LeadSimple numbers still aren't working, please chat us or email email@example.com and we'll be happy to investigate this for you!